Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Chocolate Covered Creations

I found the weirdest thing in my Easter basket... 

Chocolate covered Peeps!
This would be a picture of the actual thing but I ate it immediately, sorry I'm not sorry >: )

I'm sure candy addicts and Easter celebrators are familiar with standard Peeps but for those who are not, a peep is basically fluffy marshmallow covered in granulated sprinkles and shaped like a baby chick or rabbit. They come in an assortment of spring colors, typically yellow, pink and baby blue and they're delicious.
*Disclaimer: multiple peeps may induce nausea and/or spoil your appetite for brunch. (do not exceed 3) 

Standard Peeps w/ sloppy faces
However, these new chocolate covered peeps are a revelation and so much better than regular ones, definitely my bunny basket obsession this year. This Easter day discovery also reminded me of something... so many things become phenomenally better when smothered and covered in chocolate!  

A little list of average deliciousness made crazy good when covered by chocolat (francias)...

1. S'mores (always reminds me of Sandlot, "you're killin me Smalls")  

2. Strawberries (classic fave)

3. Oreos (white chocolate)

Do you have a favorite chocolate covered food? Hope everyone had a very happy Easter! I began the day at my grandparents in Annapolis, MD and finished it up at my aunt's on the river in Fredricksburg, VA.

   The Rappahannock river & our view all afternoon

It took so much self-control to not kick off my flip-flops and dive in. How was your sunny Sunday? 

2 comments:

  1. I've been catching a lot of flack for this in my apartment (dumb roommates) but I'm a huge fan of the Cadbury Cream Egg. It's like a once a year thing and I just really like it.
    Also, every day is a better day with a Sandlot reference so way to go on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those chocolate covered deserts look amazing! I especially like the visuals you added. I am a traditionalist when it comes to chocolate covered things so I would have to admit pretzels are my favorite. However, I can definitely appreciate some delicious dessert when I see it and that looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete