Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Beautiful Fools.. and Books

That’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.
                                                 - The Great Gatsby

Don’t be fooled by the fashion-exterior, mega-magazine readers (like myself) love books too. Yes, I read mostly chick lit and a few of the classics. I aim to find memorable beach reads. I’ll spare you my book reports and list five favorites I actually finished while still on vacation: 

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier 

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


I’m with the Band: Confessions of a Groupie by Pamela Des Barres


The Girls’ Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank

Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin


They are listed in chronological order of when they were written. The last book is also the most recent to become a movie and will be in theaters on May 6! I'm really excited to see it. It stars one of my all-time favorite actresses Kate Hudson and other great actors including Ginnifer Goodwin and Colin Egglesfield. 

3 comments:

  1. Jeez Gina, you did a TON of reading over vacation-very impressive! I completely understand the need for some chick lit at the beach lol-it's an escape, you know? Gatsby is of course a great novel and something about its 1920s setting fits well with the beach. Fitzgerald takes us into the world, just like vacationing at the beach is like entering another world, too.

    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember hearing about I'm With the Band being a really good- & slightly scandalous :)- read years ago but never got around to picking up a copy. but after seeing it in this post i am definitely re-motivated to put it on my summer reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies! I 150% recommend I'm With the Band- its basically a true story of Almost Famous but the author is a "legendary" groupie since hooked with all the big names including Mick Jagger. Definitely a scandalous read (which are the best kind), but her writing style is amazing and she practically puts the reader on 1970s tour bus :)

    ReplyDelete