Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Favorite Word?

Ba·nan·as [buh-nan-uhz]
So our weekly assignment for the blogosphere is to post about our favorite word. This task was almost as difficult as choosing my favorite song (impossible) but after 24 hours of careful and creative consideration, I’ve concluded my favorite word is BANANAS!

scroll to 2:30 mark 
It's easy to spell (and sing, thanks Gwen) and fun to say, especially when you emphasize all three syllables (Rach Zoe has perfected this particular pronunciation). I like that it is both a noun (fruit) and an adjective (describes something ridiculous, see video above). I also like that even spoiled bananas taste good when blended into smoothies or baked into bread. This is my favorite chocolate chip banana bread recipe, so delicious it's bananas.   

I assume this word is also a favorite of Rachel Zoe, the fashion icon and celebrity stylist. She dresses many major movie stars for every event imaginable including the Oscars. She also has a reality show on Bravo called The Rachel Zoe Project if you want to see her in action. Because of the show, America has witnessed her personality quirks for several years now and per usual of reality stars, youtube comedy spoofs have been made in her honor. Here is one of my favorite impersonations (observe the “ba-nan-as”ness):  

So what’s your favorite word?  I surveyed my friends via twitter, facebook, bbm and compiled the feedback into my 20 favorites of favorites word roster (the comical yet inappropriate responses were omitted from the list, sorry). 
Big thank you to everyone who participated, even the dirty word donators. 


Favorites of Favorites 
  1. Serendipity 
  2. Psychedelic 
  3. Bonus
  4. Love 
  5. Heart
  6. Ridiculous
  7. Tragic
  8. Audacity 
  9. Spontaneity 
  10.  Irrelevant 
  11.  Summer
  12.  Fabulous
  13.  Moist
  14.  Actually
  15.  Divine
  16.  Breathe
  17.  Definitely
  18.  Famous
  19.  Imbecile
  20. “Oh-my-god” (courtesy of my mother, she does a great Janice from Friends impression)  

1 comment:

  1. Great choice on the word. Bananas is a timeless classic and the Gwen Stefani song was epic. I shadily always hum it whenever I'm writing papers when I forget how to spell it lol.

    ReplyDelete